There are numerous health benefits of rice vinegar which you may not be aware of.
This post will tell you about some of the essential facts of rice vinegar.
As you all would be aware that there are different types of vinegar which are available in the market today like brown rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, in the same way one of the most popular vinegars’ is the Rice Vinegar.
Lots of people have been asking as to whether they should use apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar more often?
Are there any health benefits of such a vinegar or not?
What Exactly is Rice Vinegar?
As the name suggests, it is made from fermented rice in Asian countries like Japan, China, Korea and Vietnam. In fact it has been used traditionally as a food item in these countries.
In western world, this type of vinegar has been known since 1980’s.
There is a difference in the type of vinegars from country to country like Chinese Rice Vinegar has a strong smell in comparison to Japanese rice vinegar.
Japanese Vinegars are known to be mild and sweet in comparison to Western Vinegars which are quite acidic in nature.
There are different types of Vinegars like White Rice Vinegar, Black Rice Vinegar and Red Rice Vinegar.
Rice vinegar is not found suitable for preserving or pickling foods but this is used mostly in salads, sauces and meat dishes.
Health Benefits of Rice Vinegar
Research has suggested that vinegar made from rice is known to have nutritional and dietary benefits. As a health supplement it has been found useful in controlling blood sugar level.
- It is considered to be rich in amino acids which makes it highly useful ingredient in diet. Amino Acids are known to be beneficial in boosting a healthy immune system as well as helps in fighting free radicals.
- It is effective in slowing down the process of aging too, as it helps in preventing the formation of fatty peroxides in the body.
- Kurozu is a type of Japanese Rice Vinegar which has been found beneficial in promoting healthy liver.
- Kurozu is also known to contain anti-oxidative benefits which help in protection against colitis and thereby promotes Colon health.
Repeated usage of this vinegar is known to help in weight loss.
In fact, in Japan it has been used as a weight loss method since ages. Basically brown rice vinegar is the one which is used for losing weight.
It is known to be anti bacterial in nature as well. Thus it helps in preventing food borne illnesses.
This vinegar is found useful in aiding the process of digestion too owing to the presence of acetic acid.
Thus it increases the ability of the body in absorbing essential nutrients from food.
Some other health benefits include:
- Prevention of Hypertension
- Improving complexion
- Increasing energy level
- Helps in calcium absorption.