If you are thinking of buying a diaper bag for the baby then this is for you:
For a new mom each and every thing related to her baby matters the most be it baby’s food, toys, hygiene, potty training, cribs, nappy change-well the list is quite exhaustive.
One of the most essential things which every new mom should know is about using the best diapers for her baby as well as the diaper bag is using.
A diaper bag is considered to be one of the most essential things to be on every mother’s list.
However before you buy one it is quite important to figure out as to what all you intend to put in the bag because this way only you can know about the size and style of the bag.
This is your most exhaustive guide will give you an idea of what diaper bag is all about, how it should have almost everything needed by your infant and how you should try to use it to the fullest.
Diaper Bag Buying Guide for New Moms
In the recent past, these bags were meant only for keeping baby diapers but now with time, these have become trendier in the looks.
Now you have a lot more options in these bags, so apart from just diapers you can keep various other baby essentials too.
These now come in various colors and designs which could match even your baby’s stroller or blanket too.
When it comes to picking up the best bag for keeping diapers make sure you take into account the following features:
- The diaper bag should be big enough to keep both the used and unused diapers.
- It should be having a special pocket for keeping the used diapers.
- It should be easy to wash and clean as well.
- It is lightweight and hence easy to carry.
- It should have ample space for other items like baby bottle, baby rattle, food etc.
- It should not be irritating to carry on the shoulders or around the neck. Thus the straps should be soft and comfortable and not rough because it is likely that you are going to carry the bag for a longer period of time.
- Instead of choosing a bag with one or two big pockets to keep all things, it is always good to go for a bag which has many pockets both in the interior and exterior. There needs to be divided compartments to keep things arranged.
How to Buy the Best Diaper Bag for Newborn Baby and Toddlers
You should always keep in mind that these bags are being carried by you in addition to your baby for as many as 18-22 months.
So, before selecting these bags, make sure you know how you will be carrying your baby.
If you intend to carry your baby in a baby sling or carrier then the diaper bag must be hanging in order to make use of it easily.
If you are carrying the baby in a stroller then you can keep it in hand as well.
Styles of Diaper Bags Available
If you thought that these bags are available only in plastic or leather bags then it is not so, one of the most popular kinds of these bags is the duffle style diaper bag.
It has a zip top closure, short carrying handles and to make it more convenient it comes with a cross body strap. Then there are tote bags too which are available.
The Diaper Clutch is also becoming popular these days. It has a sleek pouch which is able to carry one or two diapers and also baby wipes. This one is excellent for short trips.
Check Out Some Trendy Diaper Clutch and Wipe Cases
Must Have Essentials in Your Baby Diaper Bag
Here are some of the main things which you must make sure you are keeping in the Diaper Bag of your Baby (these may of course vary depending upon your specific needs too)
- Diapers (keep at least one for each hour of your outing)
- Baby wipes
- Washable Diaper Pad
- Burp clothes
- Baby Clothes
- Hand sanitizer
If your baby is above 6 Months old, then you should keep:
- Food Jar
- Sippy Cup for milk and water/juice